Online shopping from your living room is fast, easy and convenient. When you’re searching for that perfect wedding dress, follow these tips so you can relax on the couch and find that special gown online at your leisure. The last thing you want is for your order to arrive and you’re saying NO to that dress.
Investigate the Seller
The picture of that wedding dress online is calling your name, but do your homework first before you hover over that purchase button with your mouse. Research the seller thoroughly before buying that dress online by:
- Searching for the seller’s name and business name on search engines
- Looking for any and all “watch out,” “stay clear” or
“it’s a scam” phrases that may pop up in those results
- Paying attention to discrepancies on the company web site that shout “scam” such as web site misspellings, email links that don’t work and payment options that include wiring money.
Research those Wedding Dress Reviews
Not all reviews are created equal, but we still recommend reading the reviews for the exact wedding dress you’re buying. For example, some sellers have tons of positive reviews for smaller items on their web site but if there are no reviews for wedding dresses and that’s the main product the web site sells, you might want to re-think purchasing that particular gown.
Read the comments carefully, too. Multiple reviews with spelling errors and grammar issues are likely written by foreign sellers that may be writing fake reviews. Fake reviews can likely be traced back to a scam.
Note: If you think you may have been scammed or want to report a scam:
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Find out how to minimize your identity theft risk here.
- Report scams to your local state attorney general’s office.
Recycled Dresses are a Viable Option
Consider web sites that offer recycled wedding dresses. Many sites are selling pre-owned dresses at just a fraction of the cost of a new gown and are worth an extra look. That dress has only been worn once and could be perfect for you.
Read the Fine Print
Before you hand over your credit card information, read the terms and specs of your wedding dress purchase carefully. You’ll want to make sure you:
- Double check the fabrics. What looks like silk or satin online could end up being something else entirely when you receive the gown.
- Double check the dress size and measurements
- Double check the return policy. Make sure you can return the dress if you’re not satisfied with it upon arrival.
Start Planning Your Wedding
If you’re already looking at dress options you’re probably also looking at wedding venues. Start planning the wedding of your dreams with The Roberts Centre’s professional event planning staff. Our wedding event planning staff can help you with all of the details, making sure everything is as perfect as that wedding dress. Contact us today at 937-283-3272.Tags: buying a wedding dress online, Roberts Centre, wedding details, wedding tips