The Holiday Inn at the Roberts Centre is pet friendly. We welcome you and your pet to our best in class dog show facility. Please keep in mind the following policies:
Parking is solely at the applicant’s own risk. By agreeing to park in the RV/parking lot, this waives any and all claims and causes of action against the American Kennel Club, Inc., Mars Inc., Roberts Centre, their employees, agents and volunteers related to loss of, or damage to the vehicle or its contents, including all claims and causes of action arising out of negligence of such parties for any and all loss by fire, theft or damage, or loss of personal property, or the loss of injury to the animals in their charge while on show grounds, hotel or parking area.
Animal Waste Stations are available around the property. If your animal soils the parking lot, show grounds, or hotel property, it is your responsibility to clean up after it. Violators may be subject to an event committee hearing. Anyone found to violate these premises without cleaning up will be subject to disciplinary measures that could result in suspension and withholding of awards.
Please respect the rules of the hotel. Guests staying at the Holiday Inn must abide by the following:
- Access to Rooms: All guests MUST provide access to your room DAILY from 8:00am to 5:00pm for Housekeeping. Do Not Disturb signs will be respected; however, housekeeping still requires access to each room that houses a dog daily; a time MUST be arranged with a Guest Service Representative for access to your room each day. A show committee representative will be notified in the event that policies are being broken.
- Pet Fees: A pet fee WILL be charged to each room in which a animal is housed. The hotel will provide sheets to place over the beds in guestrooms with animals during pet shows. The pet fee is applied to cover normal and expected expenses for additional cleaning necessary to make a room ready for the next guest, i.e. removal of moderate pet hair and odor. The pet fee does NOT cover extensive cleaning, dry cleaning, shampooing, or damage done to carpets, bedding, furniture, or fixtures due to the pet(s) drooling, vomiting, defecating, urinating, or marking (spraying) of the room. Rooms that require more than moderate additional cleaning/deodorizing, will be subject to additional fees necessary to bring the room to a rentable condition. These additional fees could include professional dry cleaning, steam cleaning, and/or complete replacement of carpets, drapes, bedding, and furniture. These additional fees will be solely at hotel management’s discretion.
- Destruction of Property: is subject to disciplinary action that can result in a suspension from the AKC and withholding of awards. Individual room occupants will be assessed for any damage or destruction to their guestroom or elsewhere on the property.
- Crates: ALL dogs MUST BE KEPT IN CRATES when you are out of the room, no exceptions. Plastic will be provided by the hotel to place under these crates. If you have not received a Dog Show Basket, please call the front desk to request one. Dogs found uncrated in unoccupied rooms may result in an additional $250 charge. Up to Four dogs will be permitted per room. Housekeeping is required to report any violations to the front desk who reports the violations to the dog show committee.
- Dog Barking: All guests must provide your cell phone number at check-in so that we may contact you with any noisy dog issues, or in the event of an emergency. In the event of excessive barking, the occupant of the room will be notified and expected to quiet the dog(s). We will issue no more than two requests to cease excessive barking. Excessive barking that is not resolved may result in an additional charge of up to $100, at hotel management discretion.
- Bathing/Grooming: Dogs will be bathed in designated areas for dog bathing ONLY. There will be no grooming of dogs in hotel rooms and no hotel towels should be used for this purpose (towels provided in your Dog Show Basket are complimentary for use during your stay).
- Waste Removal: Pick up and removal of waste will be the responsibility of each dog owner/handler. This includes outside areas and also accidents that occur inside the hotel and show hall (cleaning supplies are available at the front desk per request).
- Dogs (with the exception of service animals) are not permitted in any of the hotel recreation areas, including the swimming pool and restaurant. No dogs may be left in Royal Canin Ring after the show hall closes.
Dog Park Rules
- Park closes at dusk.
- Patrons may use the park at their own risk, dogs MUST be vaccinated.
- Handlers/owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age and older, Children 12 and under are not permitted without a responsible adult.
- All dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the Dog Park
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and attended at all times.
- Handler must carry a leash with them at all times while in the Dog Park.
- Handler is responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s waste in designated receptacles.
- Dogs showing aggression, in heat or under the age of four months are prohibited.
- Excessive barking, digging, bathing of dogs, treats, alcoholic beverages, food or smoking within the fenced areas of the Dog Park are prohibited.
We are not responsible for the behavior of any dog, any injury, or any illness to dogs or owners. Bites or injury should be reported to the Dog Warden at (937) 382- 8388.